Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Highlights of '08

..Here are my top 10 events of 2008!

10. My car breaking down on the way to our family reunion about 20 miles outside of Blythe it was 115 degrees and a big-rig that was transporting budweiser  picked us up and dropped us off at a Holiday Inn Express. My sister Julie, her in-laws have a house at the river- she was on  her way out there. She called her husband Ryan who was already at the river to meet her in Blythe at Dennys (where we were eating) they then let us take their car on to our family reunion in eastern Arizona. Thank you again Julie and Ryan you guys are good people.

9. The car I previously spoke of is a VW the engine blew up as a result of sludge. We were told that even though it is under warranty and we had all our oil change records they would not cover it. It would cost us $6,000 to replace the engine. A man that worked there suggested that we call customer service. They were very nice unlike the manager at the dealership. They took care of it at no cost to us. Thank you VW customer care lady!

8. Going to the Getty when the Bernini exhibit was there. If you are not familiar with Bernini he was a genius. He is credited with defining baroque art. Most of his more famous works stayed in Rome or could not be moved( i.e St.Peters, Apollo and Daphne)  While it was his lesser known work it was magnificent. He had a way of capturing the soul and encasing it in stone. I actually cried looking at his emotion filled art- something I had not done in almost a year. Thank you Gian Lorenzo Bernini! Because of you I can cry again.

7. The return of my sister Jessica from Utah. She now lives in Brea and I love having her close. Thank you Utah for being so lame Jessica wanted to come back!

6.&5. The birth of Lyla and Henry. Thanks Julie and Kristyn for multiplying and replenishing with your husbands.

4. On my 29th B-day we went and ate at Lala's then went dancing at The Shortstop where D.J. Lance Rock was spinning records that made me feel like it was 1979! Thank you Mom for giving birth to me and thank you Dad for insisting that my name be Jill and not Tiffany or Cheyenne!!

3. Clyde and Sheldons 1st Birthday. It was at the Brea Plunge . Rodney wowed us with his culinary expertise. Good food and good friends. It was the best birthday party  ever . All who were in attendance I think agree. Thank you to everyone who came!

2. Walking to the park with my kids a car full of guys leaving the skate park yelled out "MILF" to me. While this being extremely inappropriate it still made me smile. Thank you nasty boys for making me feel like I am a hot mom!

1. Celebrating mine and Steve's 7 year anniversary. Thank you Steve-you know how to treat me like a lady. I love you!   

Thank You 2008. I had some fun times with you. 

9 comments:

Katie Schultz said...

What!!! dancing in a club with me DIDNT make the list! WHATEVER!

jenny demke said...

the skater boys were right...you are such a milf.

kristyn said...

I'm so glad that you are not Tiffany or Cheyenne. You are definitely a Jill--and a milf!!

Katie said...

I'm glad you had a fabulous 2008, glad your name is Jill, glad you're my niece, and glad you're an milf (even though I have no idea what it stands for!--but I am so proud of you for being a hot momma!).

Susie Demke said...

Jill number #2 also happened when you were pregnant and we were at the park. Your back was turned and a truck full of guys leaned out the window and whistled at you. I was in awe! You sexy thing!
Cheyenne? That makes me think of the Rio Grande..
But no, you definitely are NOT a Cheyenne. Jill is just right. JILF the MILF.

heather said...

ryan & i laughed pretty hard at the milf story! we appreciate your honesty in admitting that it made your year.

Anonymous said...

That's a pretty good list!!! And next time you guys go dancing, I am in!!!

jenny demke said...

(i just saw your montana comment) as long as you can handle dry weather, tics, and leeches then you can handle montana. you can borrow our cabin someday if you want to try it out.

Sarah said...

#2 is my fave. That is definitely top list stuff right there. i dig this post.