Monday, March 9, 2009

The Story of The Tall Pirate


There once was a little girl named June who liked to dress up as a pirate. All the other little girls in her class( and there were many) loved to be princesses and fairies and anything that was pretty. Not June, she liked to wear her pirate clothes. Thats not all she truly believed in piracy(though she didn't practice it). She waited for authorization from an authority to claim what her heart desired. She liked the freedom of being a pirate. No expectations of niceness or good manners yet she was still nice and had good manners. Some believe because of all the joy and freedom she felt, she began to grow taller than all the others. 
  You can see June the Pirate walking around Brea sometimes you might comment to yourself "she is very tall" maybe you should rephrase it to "she is very happy."

7 comments:

Unknown said...

At least she is original-- did you see how many Snow Whites there were (so trite)? I love that picture-- it reminds me of Alta's preschool picture where she is at least a head taller than all her peers.
BTW, this is Kristyn

Susie Demke said...

I love June the tall happy pirate. She makes me feel joy happiness when I'm around her. But I don't get taller. Just fatter. I have very special affections for tall happy pirates named June.

Beth said...

Awesome Blog! She reminds me of my Rachel...she never wanted to be a princess either. And she was also a head taller.

Anonymous said...

I love that June wanted to be a pirate! Bonnie would have definitely been dressed up like a princess.....well, until she saw June as a pirate and then she would want to be a priate! And June should always be happy because she is tall, beautiful, funny, a tom-boy, girly, smart, and has long legs (something I've always wanted)!!

Natalie said...

Good story telling skills Jill.
June is so dang cute! I love her hair. Emma is tall too and doesn't like to dress up at all.

jenny demke said...

i love this. she stands out in a GOOD way. i would've been one of the boring princesses in the front row.

heather said...

i love june. i was ALWAYS something pretty- BORRRing. i love how she stands out.