I remember when I was a child asking my parents who was their favorite child. The answer was the generic "I love all my children the same, equally". I did not believe it I could blatantly see the favoritism yet, no one would admit it. So I came to the conclusion when I was younger that parents love equally but, give discriminately. I vowed when I was a parent I would never do this abhorring act of favoritism amongst siblings. Now here I am I have four kids and the verdict is "I have a favorite". Yes, I will admit it every parent has one. Sometimes my favorite changes even daily but, there is a favorite. So I do love them equally and also favor discriminately. How can I help it I am only human. Can you guess who my favorite is right now?
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
My Favorite Child
I remember when I was a child asking my parents who was their favorite child. The answer was the generic "I love all my children the same, equally". I did not believe it I could blatantly see the favoritism yet, no one would admit it. So I came to the conclusion when I was younger that parents love equally but, give discriminately. I vowed when I was a parent I would never do this abhorring act of favoritism amongst siblings. Now here I am I have four kids and the verdict is "I have a favorite". Yes, I will admit it every parent has one. Sometimes my favorite changes even daily but, there is a favorite. So I do love them equally and also favor discriminately. How can I help it I am only human. Can you guess who my favorite is right now?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
your favorite is the same one that's my favorite...the one that doesn't talk back! THE BABY!
Clyde? Or is it Louis?
it has to be one of the boys. moms always love their boys the most.
My favorite..... usually the one who I have the most guilt over. And while that would seem obvious, like you said, it changes weekly, daily, monthly. Depends on the day and my grievance.
I'm guessing your favorite is- which ever child is reading this, at this moment, 10-20 years from now. IT'S YOU!
Post a Comment