I am due in three weeks. This pregnancy has gone by so fast. There is still so much for me to do before the baby gets here. It doesn't help that I am tired all day because lack of sleep. Yes, I cannot sleep. My circulation is not good so when I sleep whatever side I am laying on that arm becomes "dead" you know all tingly and burning. So I wake on everyday around 3am (I am typing this blog at 4:39 am). This has been my most uncomfortable pregnancy yet. Partly due to our extreme socal heat. Which I am enjoying a reprieve from. I do not want to complain too much about my pregnancy because one who likes complainers? Two the end result is something so glorious, a beautiful baby! I was laying in bed thinking about being pregnant. I just turned 30 and for the past, almost 7 years I have been pregnant for three of those years and when not pregnant I have been breastfeeding. Sounds like dedication or craziness. Some more of my thoughts on pregnancy and babies. I get more nervous every delivery. I know it should seem the other way around but, I am more nervous to give birth this time (my 4th) then I was with my 1st. I am so excited to see the baby to see what he looks like. It is one of the most sacred things when a baby takes thier first breath. They hand my Baby to me I look at them and I see someone I feel I have always known. Someone who has always been with me. Or they hand me my Baby and I feel like I am looking at a complete stranger and I feel confused as to why I do not feel this "deep connection" with the Baby. Yes, I have had both experiences. I have learned even though you may not feel
"connected" in an instant the relationship with your Baby can grow in to an absolute love affair! Yes, I am referring to My Love Clyde. When he was born I did not want to hold him Steve was really emotional with tears streaming down his face and I just remember thinking "what is he crying about?" Well everything worked out I feel in love with my son. I did not struggle with postpartum depression with him. So I am very curious how everything will turn out for this delivery and this little baby BOY B. I love babies especially my own and I love being a mom(most of the time).
8 comments:
i can't wait to see what beautiful art you have once again created. i had Zero feelings for jenna until she was TWO months old. i took care of her only because i knew how not because of a connection. i hope you only get to have one of those experiences. :) good luck, don't be scared.
You look so good and are an amazing mom! Good luck with the next couple of weeks!
I was just thinking about you today.. Wondering how you were doing.
I wish time would speed up and this would be over and Baby B was here. But alas. Maybe the Early Labor Gods will smile upon you. I'm anxious for you too.
And the good thing about waking up as much as you do, is that if the baby only wakes up every three hours instead of two when he gets here, you will actually be getting more sleep when he comes! Good luck Jill.
Love Susie
you are such a positive pregnant lady. maybe its because you always look so good when you are pregnant. seriously. i'm jealous. i can't wait to meet the little man. good luck with everything.
wow! Thanks for posting pictures of you prego! You look so great. And I feel for you with your pregnancy. Yes it's been a year but it's still very fresh in my mind...the no sleep, no circulation...all that. Ugh! My feet were meat slabs cuz I had no circulation down in my legs. But I agree with you on the bonding thing. I felt bonded to Spencer right away, but not to the girls. But it has grown so strong and I know I couldn't live without them. I'm excited for you and can't wait to see pictures of the cutie when he comes! Love from Germany!
I like it when you post... Makes me feel reconnected. I feel the same way about my fifth, more afraid this time for the delivery than the first time. I think because I know what is coming. I miss you Jill. Good luck! Can't wait to see pics!
Oh Jill, that post makes me want to have another baby:) You have beautiful kids. Congrats, are you having a shower? Be sure to invite me. How are the you and the kids? Email me at bgallup1@yahoo.com and I will add you to our blog I went private.
Post a Comment