Saturday, July 11, 2009

Things Clara has said to me today

She was crying for me this morning at around 4:30 am

me: what's wrong?
Clara: I'm wet
me: Did you pee the bed again?
Clara: No, I was playing in the sprinklers.
me: No, you weren't its dark outside.
Clara: Yes, I went out there after you went to sleep. I don't pee my bed.

This morning around 10:00 am

me: Clara can I have a hug.
Clara: No, I will give you one tomorrow.
me: Tomorrow, I want one now!  
Clara: You have to be patient.

Today at 12:20- we are watching "The Nightmare Before Christmas" I am singing along quietly

Clara: Mom you sound very pretty when you sing quietly and I can't really hear you.

3 comments:

Christy said...

Wow. I'm totally speechless. She's an amazing kid. It's like...she doesn't talk much until it's really important. So when she does say something it's totally dead on and so shrewd, yet intuitive. Amazing. hahaha.

Susie Demke said...

haha. I needed a chuckle. Funny girl. But a very smart girl...

AM said...

Oh my goodness you have adorable, funny kids. My mom saw you in the temple and said you looked beautiful. She also felt bad for forgetting your name - she said, ' i saw steve berrett's wife and she looked beautiful but i forgot her name i- felt- so- bad!' Maybe I wasn't supposed to tell you that. Is it weird that i'm communicating with you via blog comments?